24hr Notice: KuCoin Platform 2.0 Upgrade Scheduled for 08:00 AM (UTC+8) 18 Feb 19
KuCoin will be performing a system upgrade for Platform 2.0. The upgrade process is expected to last around 14 hours.
— KuCoin Updates (@KuCoinUpdates) February 17, 2019
According to the announcement, the transition to 2.0 will begin on February 18 at 3:00 AM (EST) and last approximately 14 hours.
KuCoin 2.0 brings the following upgrades to the platform:
- Advanced API designed to offer an easy and efficient way to develop a programmatic trading strategy with Level 2 and Level 3 data.
- Added Limit, Stop, Market, Post Only and Iceberg order types.
- Numerous updates to the security mechanisms, including SMS authentication, a device trust system and protective walls to reinforce user information and assets.
- A more attractive fee program with a new tiered trading fee discount program that introduces separate trading fees for takers and makers while improving liquidity and transaction efficiency.
- Upgrades to the KuCoin Referral Program to distribute KCS after the upgrade is completed.
While KCS initially rallied to over $0.42, it has since pulled back to $0.401597, giving the token a $36.2 million market cap.
Disclaimer: This article’s author has cryptocurrency holdings that can be tracked here. This article is for informational purposes only and should not be taken as investment advice. Always conduct your own due diligence before making investments.