Building applications on the Ethereum blockchain can be a pain. For starters, developers must have a working knowledge of Solidity, a high-level language for implementing smart contracts. Additionally, given that all apps built on top of Ethereum blockchain are incorporated into the main chain, developers and investors alike must deal with a great deal of backlog.
Platform & Development
Lisk’s platform has a number of interesting tools:
- Lisk Commander – A CLI to the Lisk Core APIs. In the future, it will support developers in bootstrapping and managing your sidechain.
- Lisk Hub – An all-in-one solution to manage Lisk IDs, access and send LSK tokens, as well as vote for delegates. It combines functionality from the former Lisk wallet and blockchain explorer. In the future, Lisk Hub will feature a DEX (decentralized exchange), sidechain registration and the ability to launch your own ICO.
- Lisk Core – A tool for advanced technical users who want to access Lisk’s main network blockchain data, secure the network infrastructure or attain delegate forging access.
- Lisk Elements – A collection of libraries, such as the shared cryptography, an API representation, transaction logic for local signing and important constants for the ecosystem.
- Lisk Nano – Lisk Nano is the old Lisk wallet that enables you to access your Lisk ID. It provides a minimal user interface and a wide range of functionalities for beginners and advanced users. With Lisk Nano, there is no need for blockchain synchronization as it connects directly to the Lisk network.
It’s important to note that Lisk is very well documented, and provides a wide array of guides for their community. This is a byproduct of a well-run project and is a testament to the quality of Lisk’s core team.
Lisk recently announced a re-branding campaign to revamp their platform. According to the announcement, Lisk is bringing on board Taikonauten and Rlevance, design and brand strategy firms respectively. Additionally, they are planning an overhaul of their user interface and are launching an interactive Lisk app to consolidate and re-name their tools and features. (read more on top cryptocurrency branding)
Lisk (LSK) currently has a market cap of ~$2B, as compared to Ethereum’s $86 billion and NEO’s $9.5 billion. Over the last three months, Lisk has undergone a period of price consolidation, which usually means a big move could be on the horizon.
Disclaimer: The author(s) of this article may have a position in one or more of the securities mentioned above. This article is for informational purposes only and should not be taken as investment advice. Always conduct your own due diligence before making investments.