Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm expansions available in separate single bundle
NEW YORK–(BUSINESS WIRE)–2K today announced that Sid Meier’s Civilization® VI is now available worldwide for the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X, as well as the PlayStation®4 system. Winner of The Game Awards’ Best Strategy Game and DICE Awards’ Best Strategy Game in 2016, Civilization VI‘s release on Xbox One and PS4™ system ushers in a new era of strategy games on consoles where players attempt to build empires to stand the test of time.
In Civilization VI, you will explore a new land, research technology, conquer your enemies and go head-to-head with history’s most renowned leaders as you attempt to build the greatest civilization the world has ever known. Civilization VI on Xbox One and PS4™ system includes many features, such as:
- PLAY YOUR WAY: The path to victory is the one you determine. Become the most scientifically advanced civilization, dominate through sheer military power or become the foremost destination for the cultural arts;
- THE WORLD’S GREATEST LEADERS: Play as one of 24* different leaders from various countries around the world and throughout history. Build an empire of lucrative trade routes with Cleopatra of Egypt, flex the military might of your legions with Trajan of Rome or develop a powerhouse of culture with Hojo Tokimune of Japan. Each of the leaders can be played any way you prefer, with unique abilities, units and infrastructure in their quests for victory;
- EXPANSIVE EMPIRES: See the marvels of your empire spread across the map. Settle in uncharted lands, improve your surroundings, build new districts and see your cities – and your civilization – prosper;
- ACTIVE RESEARCH: Unlock boosts that speed your civilization’s progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment and discover new cultures;
- DYNAMIC DIPLOMACY: Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life to late game alliances and negotiations;
- EXCITING AND UNIQUE SCENARIOS: Civilization VI for Xbox One and PS4™ system includes four playable scenarios, each with a different setting and style of gameplay inspired by history. Be part of the colonization of Australia in “Outback Tycoon,” defend Poland from invaders in “Jadwiga’s Legacy,” choose a Viking leader to conquer Europe in “Vikings, Raiders, and Traders!” or conquer the known world in the “Conquests of Alexander”;
- COOPERATIVE AND COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER: Up to four players can cooperate or compete for supremacy via online multiplayer.
Also launching today, is the Civilization VI Expansion Bundle for Xbox One, PS4™ system and Nintendo Switch™ system. The Civilization VI Expansion Bundle, which combines both the Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm expansions, takes the turn-based strategy classic to new heights. With 16 new civilizations, 18 new leaders and major enhancements to gameplay, such as Great Ages and natural disasters influenced by the player’s impact on the living planet, the pursuit of building the greatest empire is as exciting as ever.
The base game is available for $59.99 SRP, while the separate Civilization VI Expansion Bundle is available for $49.99 SRP. On iOS, the Gathering Storm expansion is also now available for $39.99 SRP.
Originally developed for Windows PC by Firaxis Games, Sid Meier’s Civilization VI was developed in collaboration with Aspyr to bring the beloved franchise to Xbox One and PS4™ system. Sid Meier’s Civilization VI is rated E10+ for Everyone 10 and up by the ESRB and is now available on Windows PC, Xbox One, PS4™ system, Nintendo Switch system, iPhone, iPad, Mac and Linux.
For more information on Sid Meier’s Civilization VI, visit www.civilization.com, become a fan on Facebook, subscribe on YouTube, follow Civilization on Twitter and Instagram or join the conversation using the hashtag #OneMoreTurn.
*27 total leaders for PS4™ system version of Civilization VI
Firaxis Games is a 2K studio. 2K is a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
Nintendo Switch is a trademark of Nintendo.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. We develop and publish products through our labels Rockstar Games, 2K, and Private Division, as well as Social Point, a leading developer of mobile games. Our products are designed for console systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. The Company’s common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at http://www.take2games.com.
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes global interactive entertainment for console and handheld gaming systems, personal computers and mobile devices, with product availability including physical retail and digital download. The Company is home to many talented development studios, including Visual Concepts, Firaxis Games, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games and 2K Silicon Valley. 2K’s portfolio currently includes the renowned BioShock®, Borderlands™, Mafia and XCOM® franchises; NBA® 2K, the global phenomenon and highest rated* annual sports title for the current console generation; the critically acclaimed Sid Meier’s Civilization® series; the popular WWE® 2K and WWE® SuperCard franchises, as well as emerging properties NBA® 2K Playgrounds 2, Carnival Games and more. Additional information about 2K and its products may be found at 2k.com.
*According to 2008 – 2019 Metacritic.com
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as “anticipates,” “believes,” “estimates,” “expects,” “intends,” “plans,” “potential,” “predicts,” “projects,” “seeks,” “should,” “will,” or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company’s future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: our dependence on key management and product development personnel, our dependence on our Grand Theft Auto products and our ability to develop other hit titles, the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games, the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games, and risks associated with international operations. Other important factors and information are contained in the Company’s most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K, including the risks summarized in the section entitled “Risk Factors,” the Company’s most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, and the Company’s other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed at http://www.take2games.com/. All forward-looking statements are qualified by these cautionary statements and apply only as of the date they are made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Alan Lewis (Corporate Press)
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.