While the markets have taken a hit following a lackluster Consensus 2018, there are a few altcoins that have bucked the trend, including TRON (TRX), a blockchain infrastructure for a decentralized internet, which has gained nearly 24% in the last week. The strong performance helped Tron pass IOTA in market cap ($5.3 billion), making it the ninth largest cryptocurrency.
TRON’s Recent Bull Run
There are a few major drivers behind TRON’s significant rise over the past couple of months. The main reason likely being the anticipation of its mainnet launch next week, which includes a swap from the current Ethereum ERC20 token to a mainnet token. With the release of its mainnet, TRON will be able to handle 10,000 transactions per second, as compared to Ethereum’s 15 to 20 transactions per second.
In a recent article by TRON Labs that focuses on TRON’s YouTube popularity, the project announced that there are over 20 startup teams currently developing on TRON’s network. With such popularity, many speculate that it is just a matter of time until TRON gathers more momentum.
TRON’s has also benefited from additional trading volume from new listings. On April 27, it went live for trading on Zebpay, India’s largest cryptocurrency platform. Prior to Zebpay, TRON was also listed on Coinbene, Malaysia’s first crypto exchange. During this period, it also gained another trading pair on Bittrex.
What’s Ahead for TRON?
- Odyssey 2.0: It is likely that TRON will implement six stages of features for its investors. The coin is currently in the first stage known as Exodus. The second stage called Odyssey 2.0 will be launched in the upcoming quarter.
- Removal of Transaction Fees: The transaction cost for TRX will be mitigated to zero which should attract even more investors.
- Introduction of in-platform decentralized apps: The upcoming Mainnet will be able to offer a completely decentralized blockchain platform to its users.
- Launch of Token Wallet and Blockchain Browser: Their development team is going to lunch new websites and token wallets in both online and paper form to provide maximum security to their holders.
- Great Voyage 1.0: The fourth quarter of 2018 will see the launch of Great Voyage 1.0 which is aimed at making communication among different blockchain platforms possible.
- Super Representative (SR) Election: Immediately after TRON gets moved to its MainNet, TRON Foundation would be conducting a one of a kind of election for Super Representatives. Several organizations around the world are participating in the SR election. 27 Super Representatives are going to be elected from this event whose principal job will be representing more than 1 million TRON community members along with computation and verification.
More On TRON
TRON (TRX) is an ambitious decentralized internet ecosystem founded by the Tron Foundation, a Singapore-based non-profit organization headed by Justin Sun. TRX was originally developed as an ERC20 token on the Ethereum network but plans to launch a mainnet this June.