Microsoft (MSFT) is starting off the year with a fresh batch of new games available on Xbox Game Pass, the subscription service that grants users access to a catalog of games from a range of publishers for a single monthly price.
Start off the new year right with a fresh pocketful of dreams and a hard drive of new games (+ even more coming later this month)
— Xbox Game Pass (@XboxGamePass) January 2, 2019
According to the recent announcement, six new games are coming to the Xbox Game Pass in January, including the following:
- Life is Strange 2: Part 1 (January 3): An episodic graphic adventure video game with five total parts. Episodes 2-5 are coming to Xbox Game Pass soon.
- Ark: Survival Evolved (January 3): An action-adventure survival game.
- Farming Simulator 17 (January 3): A huge open world loaded with a harvest of new content.
- Absolver (January 7): Martial arts-themed action role-playing game.
- Just Cause 3 (January 10): An an action-adventure game.
- Aftercharge (January 10): a competitive 3v3 first-person online game.
Microsoft notes that it will be announcing additional titles throughout January, building on the already 100 games made available to Xbox Game Pass subscribers.
For PlayStation gamers, Sony recently revealed the upcoming titles that will be made available for free on PlayStation Plus from January 1 to February 5. The games headlining the release include Steep, an open-world extreme sports game, and Portal Knights, an action-RPG that allows for up to 4-person cooperative multiplayer. Both titles are available for the PS4.