— Binance (@binance) December 25, 2018
Reflecting on the past year, CZ admits that volatility ruled the day, as prices collapsed, ICO projects failed to deliver on expectations, regulators began to crackdown and multiple security incidents resulted in millions of dollars in losses.
“We, as a young industry, were not very united. There were fights between projects, between people, and stupid forks that triggered further drops in price,” CZ said, adding that the freedom of crypto was bound to come with a bit of chaos.
Besides the negatives, CZ also highlights the numerous advancements Binance made over the past 12 months, including the creation of the #SAFU Fund to insure users against accidental losses, the backing of multiple blockchain and crypto startups via Binance Labs and the fact that 50 partners have adopted Binance Coin (BNB) into their ecosystems.
As for the future of Binance, CZ has made the following predictions:
- More features on Binance.com.
- Binance Chain mainnet live, with a native high-performance DEX, as well as 1-second transaction confirmation time, enabling true instant transactions.
- Up to 10 fiat exchanges around the world.
- More partnerships with industry leaders.
- More use cases and adoption of BNB.
- More interesting projects invested in or acquired by Binance.
- True transparent charities.
Disclaimer: This article’s author has cryptocurrency holdings that can be tracked here. This article is for informational purposes only and should not be taken as investment advice. Always conduct your own due diligence before making investments.